Saturday, October 21, 2006

Break a Leg

I'm in Kathy’s room at Sharp rehabilitation as I write this entry. Good old room 148-2. Kathy is sleeping after her successful double surgery. She came back to her room around 6:00 PM tonight from ICU. She was awake and talking but seemed weak. I asked her how she felt and she said she was uncomfortable. She has two casts on her feet that go from below her knees down to her toes. It looks like the movies. The great news is her feet look like they are in the right position. We talked and agreed it’s going to hurt like hell tomorrow.

I was surprised how alert Kathy was after her surgery. Her shunt seems to be working OK because she responded positively to my questions concerning her shunts performance. She also showed little or no hangover from her surgery anesthesia. She asked the RN for more pain medication and she was hungry.

At this point I guess you take everything in stride. Kathy is motivated to get home so I hope things will go well next week. She is a position to do really well over the next couple of weeks. Let’s GO KATHY!

No comments: